Tuesday, June 2, 2015

All the obnoxiousness in the Ghetto

The thing is, not all people misspell things because they are ghetto or uneducated. In our school districts I feel like some people let their environment influence the way they talk/write and that is why they use public language that way. I feel like some people pretend to be ghetto specially on social media. That is why they write things like "or nah" or "ratchet". I honestly don't know why people do this but the people we surround our selves with impact what we do without us even noticing it. Some people actually can't spell and others just use obnoxious public language to sound "cool". When you post things on any social media, of coarse people from school and your friends are going to see it, so you modify what you want to say, in a way that everyone will know what you're talking about.





There have been many white people that I've seen on social media that try to act black. Which honestly makes me so mad. It frustrates me because they sound so ridiculous. IF YOU ARE NOT GHETTO PLEASE DON'T TRY TO ACT THAT WAY. It is not cute, it is not something to be proud about, and most importantly you sound like an idiot. Not all black people are ghetto though, don't get me wrong, however; stay classy and stop trying to be something you're not!

Social media impacts everything we say/write more than we realize it. Vine in particular influences how we talk because the "sayings" that people use now a days come from the "ghetto" vines that people post. For example saying that your eyebrows are on "fleek" or that you have a "bae" they all come from vines that people have made. There's this guy that copies vines and "sensors" them and makes them with his family. People like that irk me so much. You definitely know he's white. I honestly blocked/reported this guy because I cannot stand him. He copies vines that young people make and then remakes them and they're so stupid.

When teenagers see improper English or "slang" used in an improper manner we always fine it comical. We know it isn't correct but the point is for entertainment, we would correct ourselves if we really wanted to and when adults try to come in and be a part of our jokes/slang it just "kills our vibe". I feel like another factor that influences the way we write is songs. Some artists come up with different types of slang in their lyrics and then teenagers pick up on them and start using them in their everyday vocabulary.

Our environment in my opinion is what influences us the most. Sometimes when I'm talking to adults or my parents I feel like using slang too get my point across but I know I can't talk to them that way because it isn't proper. When teenagers talk amongst themselves we understand exactly what these slang phrases mean because we've all heard the same song or watched the same vine and know where they're coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment