Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Text time

                               

We all are exposed to the different use of public language on social media. How about when we text? Some people write differently on social media than when they text each other. The way we text each other implies what you are trying to say and how you would say it differently if you said it in person. Sometimes we misuse the definition of a word and give it a new meaning.

For example the use of lol is still around to this day. A lot of times we actually use it in a situation where something is actually funny and other times we use it in awkward situations because we don't know what else to say so we throw an lol in there hoping for the best. Personally when I text I want to be concise and get to the point. I know a lot of people write their whole life story in one text and that bothers me because I feel like if you have so much to say call the person! I feel like a lot of times we're too lazy to call each other and would rather text away rather than actually put some effort to communicate verbally.

Some people are extra lazy and they do the most to be concise. When people write things like "luv" instead of "love" it drives me crazy! I know you want to save a little time but some words are not meant to be abbreviated and you should just spell it out. I don't abbreviate words if they look funny once I do so because it's so ugly in my eyes and I can't stand it. Words that I am okay with shortening is "af" or "&" or "rn" nobody has time to be spelling so many words out all the time specially through a text. When people shorten up words to the point where you can't even understand them anymore, that is when I start having problems.

In my opinion the way you write makes or brakes a person. You could be the most attractive person in the worlds but if "u typ3 l!k3 disz" I will never associate myself with you. Honestly there have been so many times where I have gotten messages on twitter from guys that aren't ugly but just by them writing like second graders makes me not even reply to their messages. I feel like why waste your time talking to someone that showed you they're an idiot already.

That is why I feel like there are certain times where you should use improper language and other times where you should just stick to proper English.

No comments:

Post a Comment