Monday, June 1, 2015

So what do you do?

I guess we all have encountered situations where we've caught people sounding stupid because of their word preferences.

Such as using then instead of than
or 2morrow instead of tomorrow
or saying " chicken seizure salad" instead of " chicken Cesar salad"

Image result for people that cant spell


What happens when you don't drink milk...

Like I've mentioned before a lot of times people don't know exactly how bad they look when they make these sort of mistakes. So what do you do? Do you tell them or do you just make fun of them, correct them in your head and just carry on with your day? I feel like I've done both. Most of the time I will correct people when I see them make mistakes like these specially on social media. If you're the grammar police and you're constantly correcting people, check yourself. Nobody likes a know it all. But seriously people KEEP CALM AND CHECK YOUR SPELLING.

What you do in these situations reflects on what kind of person you are specially as a writer. If you're the type of person that ALWAYS corrects people as annoying as that may seem I feel like that means that you take your sh*t seriously and you despite illiterate people. If you don't care how people write but you still notice when they make these kind of mistakes that means that you still know what you're doing because this use of public language stands out to you.  I don't always point things out because I feel like I don't want to waste my time on stupid people. If it is my friends I am talking to and it is just a little mistake I'll say something, but if it is someone that has no cure for their horrible writing then why bother! 

No comments:

Post a Comment